Employment Application (pdf)
APPRENTICE OR JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
Position Closes March 1, 2019
McLean Electric Cooperative in Garrison, North Dakota is accepting applications until March 1, 2019 for a full-time Apprentice or Journeyman Lineman. MEC serves the residents of rural McLean County. MEC exists to provide high value energy to our Members by focusing on delivering safe, reliable, environmentally friendly electricity while promoting energy efficiency through education. McLean Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Send resume or application to:
McLean Electric Cooperative
PO Box 399
Garrison, North Dakota 58540
Attn: Keith Thelen
Or email to email@example.com
Summary: Skilled Apprentice or Journeyman Lineman should be able to perform diversified work in the construction and maintenance of poles, lines, and auxiliary facilities and equipment for the distribution of electricity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides the needed services for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the members electrical distribution system.
- Provides technical skills needed for the operation and maintenance of reliable electrical service for the member.
- Provide for connecting and disconnecting, installing and removal, moving and transferring of various electrical devices on customer’s facilities, i.e. transformers, transformer banks, regulators, switches, switching devices, capacitor banks, etc.
- Capable of investigating consumer complaints and making repairs to energized electrical distribution lines.
- Applicants must be self-motivated, work well with others, have a positive attitude and be committed to working safely and productively.
- Must possess a Journeyman Lineman Certificate or able to obtain Certificate through apprenticeship program after employment.
- Valid Class A CDL North Dakota Driver’s license
- Able to participate in an after hours on-call rotation
- Journeyman must have Rubber Gloving experience
- Must be able to apply CPR/First Aid
- Safe work record with a commitment to safety
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, twisting, reaching above shoulder level, working in confined spaces, working off a pole or in a bucket.